I'm David, a design leader, educator, and startup advisor.
Currently, I lead product design, brand design, and user research at Webflow, a tech company on a mission to enable every human to create on the web visually without code. In addition to Webflow, I teach UX Design at General Assembly and an independent writer at DH Studios.
Pacific Northwest born and raised, I now reside in Santa Monica, California. When I'm not working (and there is no pandemic), I spend a lot of time traveling, staying inspired, and reading.
Some things I've done:
- Led Product Design at One Medical from 2015 to 2019 (IPO)
- Advised for Fernish on Design and Product (Raised Series A)
- Worked at Black Pixel as the Director of Design
- Once gave an Ignite talk about living in two cities
- Designed the first iPad app for Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale for their employees
- Designed three iOS apps that were featured by Apple
- Took in a 22 pound cat named after a volleyball in a Tom Hanks film.
- Early employee at ExactTarget working on Global Accounts (IPO and acquired by Salesforce)
- Earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Painting and Drawing