I'm David, a design leader, educator, and startup advisor.
Currently, I lead product design, brand design, and user research at Webflow, a tech company on a mission to enable every human to create on the web visually without code.
Pacific Northwest born and raised, now I'm in California splitting my time between Santa Monica and San Francisco. When I'm not working, I spend a lot of time traveling, staying inspired, and reading.
Some things I've done:
- Led Product Design at One Medical from 2015 to 2019 (IPO)
- Advised for Fernish on Design and Product (Raised Series A)
- Worked at Black Pixel as the Director of Design
- Once gave an Ignite talk about living in two cities
- Designed the first iPad app for Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale for their employees
- Designed three iOS apps that were featured by Apple
- Took in a 22 pound cat named after a volleyball in a Tom Hanks film.
- Early employee at ExactTarget working on Global Accounts (IPO and acquired by Salesforce)
- Earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Painting and Drawing